The Gear VR’s capabilities are demonstrated with a set of included videos and others available from the Oculus Store. It not only can be used to watch your own imported 2D and 3D movies, it can also be used to view content shot and compiled for 360-degree presentation thanks to head tracking capabilities built into in the the Oculus-powered platform.Now, you can follow the steps below to add your own 3D videos and movies to Gear VR for watching.
To view your own 3D videos and movies on your Gear VR, follow these steps:
- On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies
- Create a new folder within "Your Movies" and label it "3D"
- Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created "3D" folder
- Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into your Galaxy Note 4 (if it isn't already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
- Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
- Navigate to "My Videos" from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
- Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a "3D" label in the upper righthand corner)
- Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
The software is coded to automatically convert any video in the "3D" folder for 3D playback. While the included documentation and tutorials don't make the process completely obvious, the answer is buried in the literature accompanying the Gear VR's Oculus Mobile SDK along with plenty of other tips on importing your own content for viewing on Samsung's virtual reality headset.
For those who have a Gear VR but is still struggling to get top/bottom or side-by-side 3D to display correctly in Gear VR through Oculus Cinema, the following tips maybe can figure you out.
Tip 2: Actually, you can make 3D movies for Gear VR by yourself out of 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray/DVD, even local 2D movie library with 3D Movie Creator like - Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. This 3D movie maker can convert all 3D movies in whatever format such as 3D YouTube,3D Blu-ray to 3D MP4/MKV for Gear VR so that you can watch your own 3D movies on Gear VR. Besides 3D movies, it also can transcode 2D Blu-ray, DVD, MKV video and other normal format videos to Gear VR with suitable 3D format.
Mac users can use the Mac version, it can help you convert your own 3D videos and movies to Gear VR on Mac OS X El Capitan.
Free Download Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.htmlHow to transcode your own 3D videos and movies for Gear VR?
Step 1: Add 3D movies
Launch 3D movies to Gear VR converter. Click "Add video" button to add local 3D movies. This software supports batch conversion so you can add more one 3D movies at the same time.
Step 2: Choose right format
Gear VR supports MP4, MKVI, etc format. You can click the "Format" bar and choose "MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)" or "MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)" from "3D Video" profile list for your Gear VR.
Step 3: Start Transcoding process
Click "Convert" button on the right to start transcoding local 3D videos and movies to Gear VR. After the process, just open the output folder to locate the created 3D movies.
Now, you can play you created 3D videos and movies on Gear VR as the aforementioned steps via yourGalaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S6. Just put Gear VR on and enjoy your 3D movies!