Overview: Get some 1080p MXF footages from Canon XF100 camcorder but have problem to
import to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6? No worries. The article will tell you how to encode XF100 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 compatible format with the best video and audio quality on
“my camera: Canon XF100
my software: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
I thought the original file be okay for Premiere Pro, but I get messages about unknown compression format. Please inform me about the compatible format I must use for editing in Premiere Pro CS6.”
Both the following work flow will do the trick:
Method 1: Canon XF Utility.
Use the Canon XF Utility to create a single MXF file of your spanned clips on the memory card and import the new file into the project.
Read More: Solutions to the problems with Canon XF Plugin for Mac
Method 2: Third-party software- Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac
To solve the incompatible trouble you’d better change Canon XF100 MXF to a native format for importing to Premiere Pro CS6. To get the best quality with 5.1 sound, you can convert MXF to MPG. If you also want to play it with QuickTime, you can reformat XF100 MXF to MOV videos. If you want to get a smaller file for quickly editing, you can encode Canon XF100 MXF to WMV.
As you seen above, Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (review), Canon MXF to Premiere Pro Converter for Mac, is the best choice for you. With the Mac app, you not only can convert Canon XF/Panasonic P2/Sony XDCAM MXF video to MOV, MPG, WMV, you also can batch convert MXF clips to ProRes 422 for FCP (X), AIC for iMovie/FCE, etc. with included Profiles. I believe it is helpful for you. If you are running on Windows operating system, you can refer to Pavtube MXF Converter, the workflow is the same.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pavtube-mxf-converter/id502807634?mt=12
- Amazon Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QID8K28
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-MXF-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177789.html
Below is a very easy guide on Canon XF100 MXF to Adobe Premiere Pro’s native formats conversion.
Step 1: Download Mac MXF Converter, and follow the prompts to install the program. When the installation is complete, the best MXF to Premiere Converter will launch automatically.
Step 2: Click “Add video” button to load Canon XF100 MXF files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. You can delete files which you don’t want to import to.
Step 3: Click “Format” bar to determine output format. For best image quality, click the format bar and choose “Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas>>MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” as output format.
Step 4: Click "Settings" button to customize the output video and audio settings by
yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution,
bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 5: Click “Convert” button to start to convert Canon XF100 MXF to MPEG-2 MPG format. After conversion, import the converted MXF videos to Premiere Pro CS6 for real time editing and mastering.
Conclusion: You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. There is no more difficulty in editing Canon XF100 MXF in Premiere Pro CS6.
- Upload Canon XC10 4K MXF to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook on Mac
- How to Convert MXF to QuickTime for Playing on Mac?
- Premiere CC + MXF: MXF to Premiere Pro CC import fails on Mac
- MXF to FCP X not working on Mac Yosemite? A possible fix!
- Encode H.264 MP4 to H.265/HEVC MP4 on Mac Yosemite/Mavericks
- Free Import H.265/HEVC Videos to iTunes 12/11 on Mac Yosemite
- Is It Possible to Edit DJI Inspire 1 4K Video in FCP X?
- Import Video Clips to Premiere Pro CC No Audio